The administration of blood and blood products to patients can be a risky area of clinical care. Safe practice in this area is so important that safe administration of blood and blood products are a Standard in the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards implemented recently in Australia. Our course updates your knowledge on the Australian standards around safe administration of blood and blood products, and is applicable whether you work in an urban or rural environment.
Once you complete this course, you will have studied:
- Requirements for appropriate prescription of blood & blood components.
- How you can achieve patient education and consent.
- The process of sample collection, including correct sample handling, patient identification and documentation processes.
- Strategies to safely store and transport blood and blood components in a rural context.
- The appropriate administration of blood and blood components and the nursing considerations of this.
- Adverse reactions to blood and blood components and how to manage these reactions.
This informative and enjoyable online course is suitable for nurses who want to refresh their knowledge in this area.
The existing guidelines on accreditation of CPD providers in
In order to claim international study as CPD a nurse should provide the following to the nursing board of