This course empowers the nurse to be able to prevent the abuse and assault of elderly people. We introduce you to (or refresh your understanding of) your professional and ethical to prevent, recognise and report incidences of abuse and assault of an elderly person.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify different forms of elder abuse.
- Reflect on the incidence of elder abuse in modern society.
- Identify risk factors for elder abuse.
- Appreciate the importance of mandatory reporting and the requirements of the healthcare worker to report suspected, alleged or confirmed physical or sexual abuse.
- Outline your responsibilities in preventing and reporting elder abuse.
- Recognise signs and symptoms that may indicate that abuse or assault of an elderly person is occurring.
- Identify preventative measures that can be applied to minimise the risk of abuse or assault of older people.
This informative and important online course is suitable for nurses who want to refresh their knowledge in this area.
The existing guidelines on accreditation of CPD providers in
In order to claim international study as CPD a nurse should provide the following to the nursing board of