The aim of this course is to revise the nurse’s knowledge and understanding of how infections are spread. Using the World Health Organisation’s ‘5 Moments of Hand Hygiene’, our course recognises hand hygiene as one of the most significant ways to prevent the spread of infection in a healthcare organisation.
At the completion of this course, nurses will be able to:
- Describe the 'Chain of Infection' and identify factors that contribute to the spread of infection.
- Discuss strategies to break the 'Chain of Infection'.
- Define hospital acquired infection.
- Define the terms 'Standard Precautions' and 'Additional Precautions' and identify work practices that are appropriate for each precaution level.
- Describe the procedure for Occupational Exposure and discuss the safe handling of sharps.
- Access information regarding infection control issues and infectious diseases.
This informative and enjoyable online course is suitable for nurses who want to refresh their knowledge in this area.
The existing guidelines on accreditation of CPD providers in
In order to claim international study as CPD a nurse should provide the following to the nursing board of