This course is designed to theoretically prepare the nurse prior to performing the practical skill of Intravenous Cannulation of the adult client. We provide a comprehensive theoretical review of the Intravenous Cannulation procedure and the associated issues.
The course is designed to be used as the theoretical component, for experienced nurses, for maintenance of competence in Intravenous Cannulation. This courses is can also be used as a pre-learning package for the new practitioner to undertake prior to a practical tutorial.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify pertinent medico-legal and professional responsibilities related to the practice of intravenous cannulation.
- Locate and name potential intravenous cannulation sites.
- Select appropriate intravenous cannulation equipment to suit a range of conditions.
- Apply appropriate techniques when practicing intravenous cannulation on a demonstration arm.
- Relate complications to their causative factors.
- Identify strategies to minimise complications.
This informative and enjoyable online course is suitable for nurses who want to refresh their knowledge in this area.
The existing guidelines on accreditation of CPD providers in
In order to claim international study as CPD a nurse should provide the following to the nursing board of