In hospitals around the world, violence has become recognised as a significant problem. It’s been reported that up to 95 percent of nurses say they have experienced verbal and/or physical aggression from patients.
Designed as a stand-alone theoretical introduction to creating and maintaining a healthcare organisation that is safe from violence and aggression, this course includes ‘Unacceptable Behaviour in the Workplace’ which introduces the concepts of aggression and bullying behaviours in the everyday workplace.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- State the different forms of unacceptable behaviour in the workplace.
- Define key terms related to occupational aggression and violence.
- Appreciate the importance of preventing aggression and violence in the workplace.
- Identify triggers to aggression and violence and discuss strategies to minimise triggers in the work environment.
- Recognise signs of escalating aggressive behaviour.
- Discuss strategies to assist in the prevention and management of aggressive behaviour.
- Outline the reporting mechanisms for incidents and near misses involving occupational aggression and violence.
This informative and enjoyable online course is suitable for nurses who want to refresh their knowledge in this area.
The existing guidelines on accreditation of CPD providers in
In order to claim international study as CPD a nurse should provide the following to the nursing board of