We know that for many general nurses, there may not have been many opportunities to further their knowledge on conducting a comprehensive physical assessment. So we’ve designed this course to develop the participant’s current knowledge of the principles and practice of respiratory assessment and management.
We give you a quick revision of the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system, as well as the foundation physical assessment strategies of inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation as they relate to respiratory assessment. This comprehensive course also includes a section on the management of the patient receiving oxygen therapy.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Name the anatomical structures of the respiratory system.
- Identify appropriate strategies to assess airway and breathing in a variety of situations.
- Recognise the differences between a routine respiratory assessment and an emergency respiratory assessment.
- Relate characteristics of normal and abnormal breath sounds to likely causes.
- Identify uses and clinical considerations of oximetry.
- Identify appropriate interventions when airway and breathing is ineffective.
- Determine the most appropriate method of oxygen administration for a variety of patient presentations.
- Outline management of a patient receiving oxygen therapy.
This informative and enjoyable online course is suitable for nurses who want to refresh their knowledge in this area.
The existing guidelines on accreditation of CPD providers in
In order to claim international study as CPD a nurse should provide the following to the nursing board of